Cookies are used on our website to give users a better browsing service and experience.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent from the website to the terminal of the party concerned (usually the browser), where they are stored before being referred back to the website upon the same user's next visit. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on computer viruses or capture email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user's web browser.
What cookies do we use?
Technical session cookies
The cookies used on the website http://www.valcastello.com are used for computer technology authentication or to monitor sessions, and to store specific technical information regarding the users that access the server of Blastness, the website maintenance and hotel booking service provider.
Pursuant to Article 122, paragraph 1, of the Privacy Code (in the formulation in force after the entry into force of legislative decree 69 / 2012), "technical" cookies can be used even in the absence of consent.
For maximum transparency, below we provide a number of technical cookies and specific cases of activity on the website:
• Cookies implanted in the user/contracting party's terminal directly (that will not be used for other purposes) such as session cookies used for on-line booking on the website, authentication or customisation cookies (for example, the choice of the browsing language); these cookies remain active only for the duration of the session.
• Cookies used to statistically analyse accesses/site visits (the so-called "analytic" cookies) that are exclusively used for statistical purposes (not for profiling or marketing) and to collect aggregate information without the possibility of tracing back to the identification of the individual user. In these cases, since current legislation requires that, when using analytic cookies, the user is given clear and adequate instructions to easily oppose implementation of such (including any mechanisms to make the cookies anonymous), we give instructions on how to disabled installed cookies below. The duration of analytic technical cookies is 30 minutes.
Third-party cookies are code parts set by a website different than the website you are currently browsing. This involves the transmission of cookies from third parties. Management of information collected from "third parties" is goverend by the relative information notices to which we ask you to refer. For greater transparency and for convenience, we provide the information on the types of cookies used by third party service providers, purposes, retention period and the third parties who retain and access the information on our websites:
Google Analytics https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=it
Google Analytics is a Google analysis tool that helps website and app owners understand how visitors interact with the contents of their website (pages visited, browsing time, etc.) by providing useful statistics designed to optimise and improve the browsing of the website without identifying the browser.
_utma 2 years
_utmt 10 minutes
_utmb 30 minutes
_utmc until the session is closed
_utmz 6 months
_utmv 2 years
Google Adwords https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2407785?hl=it
Favours the research on Google services offered by the hotel without collecting or monitoring information capable of personally identifying a user
How to modify settings on the cookies
Most browsers allow to clear cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
Therefore, to remove cookies we encourage you to follow the instructions on the pages of the various browsers:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT
What happens if the cookies are disabled?
Nevertheless, if you block or erase cookies, it may not be possible to reset previously specified preferences or customised settings, and our capacity to customize the user experience will be limited.